Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Forest for the Trees (1974)

Each man must live life the way he sees.
Some see forests, others trees.
In my past down many paths I've wandered.
Life goes quick and shouldn't be squandered.

One looks at forests and sees the whole.
For what is life without a goal?
One looks at trees. Man, there's the gem.
The whole, and more, from all of them.

Down each path were many trees.
My life did grow as friends were these.
Thank you fate for many strong and sturdy trees,
When I was down and on my knees.

I've lived with hate and with love.
I'll fight the hawk and caress the dove.
Some men's lives are best at wander,
To live with all and then to ponder.

To live, to learn, to grow, to think,
From this path I can not shrink.
The rings of trees are growth marks of the soul.
Each year the scar adds knowledge to my whole.

No comments: